From Tech-Free to Tech-Junkie - Post Summer Strategies for Parents
Time & Location
About The Event
For many kids, the past 5 weeks has been a time of running, playing sports, swimming, dancing and singing. The best part of sending kids to camp is that they are able to disconnect from their phones, their Fortnite and their social media addictions.
As camp comes to end and we start to prepare to get back into the routines for school, how we can we set ourselves and our kids up for success?
On Wednesday, August 7th, from 7:30pm - 9:30pm, join me, Hayley Foster and Stacey Lessans, a local clinical psychologist, in a special workshop for Parents of Middle Schoolers (parents of grades 5 thru 8).
We will share tools, strategies and guidance to manage the technology in our lives. We’ll discuss:
- Why our kids are so addicted - the good and the bad.
- How to extend the summer tech detox for you and your kids
- How to partner rather than fight about tech use with your kids
- How to motivate your kids to put down their phones
Samples of Tech Contracts and Social Media Contracts will be shared as well as ideas on how to discuss these with your kids.
Parents of 5th - 8th grade welcome.
- Single Ticket$30$300$0
- Ticket for 2 People$50$500$0
- Virtual Ticket & Worksheets$15$150$0